Friday, July 13, 2012

Construction Themed Baby Shower


The Invite....
I love to plan parties..... and I think it is much easier to plan a party if you have a theme.  Once you have established a theme- choose a few colors that go along with your theme.  I also love it when the theme relates to the person the party is for- for example- I was giving my sister-in-law a baby shower, I decided on the Construction Theme because my dad and brother own a family construction business and they were having a boy so it fit in perfect.  Orange and yellow popped into my head immediatley when I think of construction- add a little metal (silver) and you have a great combination.


I used my Lemonade/Bake Sale Stand for the food.  I covered my pastel stripes with a orange plastic table cloth.  I then made a orange pennant banner with some clearance fabric I found at Walmart.  I found some hard hats, dump trucks and construction related items at D.I. and was set.

When thinking of what food we would have I thought- what would construction workers eat?  I could picture them eating their sack lunch.  So that is what we went with.  It included a sandwich (chicken salad on a croissant), a bag of trail mix, a clementine, & a bag of chips.  I found these cute silver polka dot bags at Hobby Lobby.  I made a cute tag that said "Dig In" and tied them with tuelle.

Here are my candy jars again- one with cheese puffs and the other with little chocolate doughnuts (new tires)

I lined this dump truck with saran wrap then filled it with cheese puffs- the kids had fun with this!

Here is the diaper cake I made- I love the caution tape!

For our drink- we had water bottles- I just made a cute label to go on it that said "Filler Up"!

Served them out of this old wooden tool box I found at D.I.

Here are the "Used Tires"

Rock Chocolate candy(the good kind, like M & M's) found at Winco

Here is the party favor... Hot fudge lava cake in a baby food jar, sprinkled with rock candy.





Here is the gang that made it possible!

1 comment:

  1. How awesome Construction Themed Baby Shower! I love how each and every detail came together to be a successful and fun filled bash. I too have got some crazy inspirations for my sister’s baby shower that I plan to host at one of the best NYC venues. If you have some vegan food ideas, please share that too.

    ReplyDelete